Events co-ordinators x 2
The events roles on the committee are responsible for organising talks, trips and socials. The roles can be split however the successful candidates decide.
This role requires someone self-motivated and organised to arrange EWB Bristol’s annual trips: Centre for Alternative Technology in June (as a minimum requirement) and preferably also Woodland Valley Farm in the autumn term. Other ideas for trips are welcome and you may arrange as many as you’re able to! The role is fairly time demanding in the run up to a trip but is less so otherwise. You’ll need to manage people and a budget and be able to work to a deadline. Good communication and planning skills will help you with this role, but you’ll also develop these whilst gaining valuable experience of project management.
Specific duties when planning a trip:
- Booking accommodation and transport and organising drivers if required
- Complying with UBU’s requirements for residential trips, including carrying out a risk assessment and planning emergency procedure
- Organising activities, entertainment and food and appointing a head chef
- Managing the budget and reporting back to committee about spending
- Advertising, selling tickets, collecting details for participants and noting medical/dietary requirements
- Timetabling trip
The talks part of the role involves organising talks from a wide range of speakers, both from within and outside of the faculty. This involves good email correspondence and utilising EWB’s contacts database, as well as working with the secretary to ensure rooms are booked and occasionally arranging refreshments.
The two co-ordinators which make up the events team are also expected to organise socials for members throughout the year. These can be as elaborate or as simple as you like. This is generally not a very time-demanding element of the role.